Me & The C Word

 Hello everybody, as many of you are aware, the coronavirus has lurked into existence for just over two years and there's no doubt that the pandemic has not only counted the victims that got infected since then, but has brought trauma to many people across the globe; both the infected and not-infected. During the last two years, even I experienced the trauma of having to stay home and away from close associates.

The reason I bring this up is because I have mostly been lucky enough to not have the virus passed on to me. However, just recently, this has not been the case. Some hours ago, I tested positive.

Yes. Despite being triple vaccinated, my most recent test came out positive. It does sound strange. But the fact is that I wasn't exactly feeling like Alvin Stardust yesterday. I didn't even think that it was to do with Covid. With my car locked up and under critical repairs, this meant that I had to use my other set of wheels, i.e. my bike. The level of pleasantness when it comes to cycling is usually higher in the summer compared to the winter - commonly known as the "Cold" season. At first, and going back to what I said about the triple vaccination I had, I thought I simply had a cold.

But unfortunately, it's definitely "the" virus. According to the strip I used, two lines were definitely displayed next to the C & T respectively. One of them was faint, but that still counts.

I'm sure I'll still live and make it before I see one of my all-time favourite bands, The Stranglers, playing live. As a matter of fact, my self-isolation period will finish some days before then. I don't reckon I'll be receiving a pass to Heaven or maybe even Hell - even so, maybe Hell would be a lot better than many of us have described it as. Even if I qualified to attend Heaven, it might be a little bit exclusive. Yet again, who knows?

But in the meantime, so arrives my ten day residential imprisonment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jon Ellison's Filmography

The Reckoning

Happy 2024!